The citizen, it is expected, should be his own monitor while exercising and enforcing his fundamental rights, _ remembering that he owes the duties specified in art, 51A to the State and that if he does not care for the duties he should not deserve the rights. The Court should have regard to the Directives as well as the Fundamental Duties along with the Fundamental Rights. These duties, therefore, remind the citizens about their moral and social obligations on the basis of constitutional obligation. There are some leading judgments of Supreme Court and High Court on the following points under ARTICLE 51-A.
2. Respect to National Flag and National Anthem.
3. Rendering National Service.
4. Preserving of composite Indian Culture.
5. Protection and improvement of natural environment.
6. Striving towards excellence in all spheres.
( For details of Judgments see the book)